The launch of Samsung's Galaxy S III was highly anticipated and even on a smartphone market that is more competitive than ever, this flagship handset has grabbed a considerable market share. It competes directly with high-end phones from other manufacturer and comes with exceptionally powerful hardware.
A quad-core processor takes care of most of the calculation and is backed up in games and videos by the Mali-400MP GPU. The amount of internal memory is 16 GB and this can also be expanded with micro-SD memory cards. As for the display, Samsung has equipped the S3 with a Super AMOLED HD panel that sports a 1280x720 pixel resolution inside a large 4.8-inch panel.
Compared to the Galaxy S2, the S3 comes with a new version of the Exynos CPU with twice the number of CPU cores, in addition to a graphics core with a higher clock speed. The phone is based on Android 4 and the latest version of Samsung's Touchwiz interface. Samsung's Galaxy S3 not only has plenty of storage space but also uses comparatively fast NAND circuitry. The 16 GB of included storage space can be expanded with a microSD card for an additional 64 GB.
- The cell phone is also equipped with an 8 megapixel camera with face detection, image stabilizer, and other features. It is also equipped with a secondary camera on the front with a 2 megapixel resolution that you can use for portraits or video calling.'
- Thanks to "Stay Smart", it also has eye recognition, so as long as you are watching something on screen the display is kept active. You also get a user interface that flows better and offers great gaming performance.
- S Beam is a new feature on the Samsung Galaxy S3 in combination with Android 4.0 that lets you copy files between two Galaxy S3s at very high speeds. To use the "S Beam" you need to connect via Wi-Fi on a wireless network.
- With "Social Tag" you can automatically match pictures of a person with the information in your address book. Just clock on the face of the person and you can choose if you want to call or send a text message to the person in the picture.
- "S Voice" is another novelty that lets you tell the handset if you want to receive a call, reject a call or change volume. You can even tell the camera to take a picture.